Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #30

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
 Grab your current read
       • Open to a random page
       Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
       Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.


The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)
"All he could think about was the Grievers, what their purpose could be, what they did out there during the night. 
What it would be like to be attacked by something so terrible."

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner #1)
by James Dashner
Page 40, paperback trade edition.

Ok, this book is so not what I expected. As a matter of fact, I had no idea what to expect, but I'm sure that wasn't quite it. I really hope it gets better. Such a confusing start, so much mystery, no girls as of yet...

Have you read The Maze Runner? Does it get better? LOL. Please let me know.

7 comments:

  1. there will be only one girl in this book lol. for our luck only ONE! =_= hate girl characters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, these books are so very different. I had no idea what to expect either! I still need to read the last one in the series though. Great teaser! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh interesting tease! Haven't heard of this one!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to say anything bad about any book, because somewhere, somehow, that book is someone's baby (you know, "if you can't say anything nice...") All I'll say is that this one wasn't for me. I think it was written for guys, and is closer to MG than YA... I slogged through because it was so popular and I wanted to see the appeal (it's the first of a series that they're making into movies I think). Maybe the series gets better??

    My Teaser Tuesday is HERE

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow cool teaser! I haven't read this yet and I wasn't really interested to check out what this one is.

    My TT

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's probably more appealing for guys, but I liked it. I liked the interaction among the boys and the mystery of it. Here's a link to our review of it if interested: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/04/maze-runner-by-james-dashner-transports.html

    Here's a link to our 3 teasers and a giveaway: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/07/tuesday-teasers-affair-giveaway-i-hunt.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this one as well and need to get to the third book. I also see there is a prequel!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say. :)