Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Audio Clip: Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama

Hey, everyone! Surely you remember my raving review of Monstrous Beauty, right?


Well, today I get to share with you an audio clip from the audiobook for Monstrous Beauty, from Macmillan Audio! It was released yesterday, September 4th, right along with the hardcover and ebook editions.


Monstrous Beauty
by Elizabeth Fama

Published: September 4th 2012 by Macmillan Audio

Fierce, seductive mermaid Syrenka falls in love with Ezra, a young naturalist. When she abandons her life underwater for a chance at happiness on land, she is unaware that this decision comes with horrific and deadly consequences. Almost one hundred forty years later, seventeen-year-old Hester meets a mysterious stranger named Ezra and feels overwhelmingly, inexplicably drawn to him. For generations, love has resulted in death for the women in her family. Is it an undiagnosed genetic defect . . . or a curse? With Ezra’s help, Hester investigates her family’s strange, sad history. The answers she seeks are waiting in the graveyard, the crypt, and at the bottom of the ocean—but powerful forces will do anything to keep her from uncovering her connection to Syrenka and to the tragedy of so long ago.


You can hear a clip from the audiobook right here:



You can also read the prologue and first chapter of this gem right here.

I hope you will all love this book as much as I did. :)

Please let me know what you think about the clip! 

3 comments:

  1. I remember , it's the fish book you like :P
    The dude has a weird name, and the woman reading the book is funny. I like when she voices the characters in another voice. it's weird. I'm not used to audio books, maybe that's it.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not quite used to them, either. LOL. But audiobooks are a nice choice for when you're driving or exercising, I'm told. ;)

      Delete
    2. Eh well if I ever did choose an audiobook I really doubt it would be safe for when driving ;)

      Delete

I would love to read what you have to say. :)