Sunday, January 06, 2013

Cover Characteristic – Men without shirts


This is a new meme hosted by Sugar & Snark. It came about when Sugar was wondering which cover to use for her #70 Cover of the Week post. Sugar kept on thinking of more than one, and they all seemed to have a theme/characteristic. So she decided to switch things up a bit!
Each week we will post a characteristic and choose 5 of our favorite cover’s with that characteristic. If you want to join in and share your 5 favorite covers with the weeks particular characteristic, then just make a post, grab the meme picture (or make your own) and leave your URL in Linky (so we can visit).
You don’t even need to participate, just stopping by and saying hi would be great!

Today’s cover characteristic: Men without shirts

My list of Favorite Hot Shirtless Men:


HandymanInsatiable (Federation Chronicles, #3; Phantom Corps, #1)Ecstasy in Darkness (Alien Huntress, #5)The Hard Stuff

5. Handyman by Jodi Lynn Copeland
4. Insatiable by Lauren Dane
3. Ecstasy in Darkness by Gena Showalter
2. The Hard Stuff by Sunny, Karin Tabke, Bonnie Edwards

and my Absolute favorite at the moment:


1. The Breaker's Concubine by Ann Mayburn


and I couldn't help but also make this list:


My List of the Weirdest/Most Awkward or Badly Edited Shirtless Cover Men I've Seen So Far:


These were supposed to be sexy, but for some reason they didn't turn out very well in my opinion... maybe it's the  position the models were in, or the fact that the faces weren't cut out of some... well, see for yourself:



They aren't bad books, you see. Demon Moon is an excellent read, as a matter of fact. I also enjoyed Raine very much. The others... not so much. But other readers have. We really shouldn't judge books by their covers, but we can't help sometimes, can we? LOL

There are many other weird covers, of course. Surely you've seen your share. Tell me in the coments! I love weird covers. *-*


P.P. (post-posting): The lovely Ann Mayburn stopped by my blog! My heart almost stopped as well, I was SO excited to see her comment!!! *-* She mentioned the hot cover for her new book, called Still, and made me curious to go and see it... The only word I could express my feelings with after seeing it was: WOW. Check for yourselves, guys:



Heat Level: Call a priest ahead of time to schedule a confession after reading

7 comments:

  1. Oh man, I was laughing soooo hard when I saw the The Hard Stuff title.. dirty minds... lol

    But I totally agree that Demon Moon is an amazing read, but the cover is horrible. Thank god Meljean's covers are better and better, so...

    The Breaker's Concubine cover is HOTHOTHOT

    Andie @ The Secret Sanctuary of Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your lists! The second one had me laughing out loud :) I think The Hard Stuff title is awesome too.

    My Cover Characteristic post is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picks are so hot! I mean the first 5, and I agree about the other 5, they're just really bad, I actually can't stop laughing, some covers are definitely weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your kind words about The Breaker's Concubine. I can assure you, it's as steamy inside as out. I just happen to have another studly chest cover that you may like. ;) http://www.annmayburn.com/images/Still500.jpg

    And I have to agree, some of those chests are terribad. I mean really, how do you screw up perfect abs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!!!!!!!!! *screams like crazy and jumps around* ANN MAYBURN stopped by my blog!!!! I LOVED your books!!! XD
      Believe me, I KNOW it's super steamy on the inside. LOL. I first bought the ebook and loved it, then I found out it was also published in print, and went insane, ran and got it!!
      Thanks so much, you just made my week! :D
      And what IS that cover for Still, huh? *fans herself*

      Delete
    2. -screams and jumps around with you- I'm so glad you love my books. :D And thank you so much for giving me a chance to entertain you, makes my day. Speaking of entertainment, and forgive me for derailing the post, but you can see what 'Still' is about here: http://www.annmayburn.com/Still.html

      It'll be out in March and it is awesome. ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh wow great covers! I like the cover of Still!
    Thanks for joining in last week :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say. :)